Region 85 assigns players to divisions based on their date of birth. In extraordinary circumstances, the Region may allow a player to Play Up a division. Requests for a player to Play Up to the next division will be considered on an individual basis. Play Up requests will NOT be considered after June 30th.
- Requests to Play Up must be approved in writing by the Regional Commissioner.
- Region 85 will not automatically recognize Play Ups granted by other AYSO Regions.
- Play Up requests will only be considered if space is available in the higher division.
- A Player must demonstrate the skills necessary and the ability to safely play in the higher division. (a skills test may be required – e.g. evaluated at the Region 85 EXTRA Tryouts)
- A Player may not switch age divisions between the Fall and Spring Seasons.
- Play Up requests will not be granted for 5U or 6U players. (e.g. play up to 6U or 7U)
- Play Down requests will NOT be considered at any age level.
7U-14U Play Up Requests must meet the following criteria:
- Player’s parent MUST Coach the team. (Parent must complete the necessary coaching requirements prior to July 31st. – e.g. Volunteer Application Form, Safe Haven, Concussion Awareness training and age appropriate AYSO Coach Certification/Training)
- Player misses the cutoff date for the next age division by no more than 2 months.
16U-19U Play Up Requests must meet the following criteria:
- Player’s parent must Coach the team or the player’s Upper Division Coach must approve Play Up request. (Parent and Coach must sign request form)
- Player misses the cutoff date for the next age division by no more than 2 months or 14U player will be enrolled in High School during the Fall Season.